View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 1: Singapore - Malacca (Malaysia)

Since the baby was born, our travel objectives had changed significantly. We used to take long holidays to travel "Amazing Race" style: visited faraway countries and explored as many places as possible. But now we don't have such luxury. We are happy just to be able to get away for a few days doing nothing. :)

Hallmark Leisure Hotel, Malacca
I booked two bedrooms, a double bed for us and a twin for the baby and our helper. Both rooms were in bad shape. The furniture was worn out, the carpet was dirty and stained, and the room was dark even with the lights on. The breakfast was bad too. It is easily one of the worst hotel I ever stayed. But since it was cheap, I shouldn't complain too much. :P




Looks quite alright here, thanks to my photography skills :D

Kedai Kopi Chung Wah
We arrived in Malacca just in time for lunch. Before noon time, a queue had already started forming in front of the coffee shop.




The interior


Rice ball station


Hainanese chicken


I had 3 plates of these. :D


The chili was awesome.

The hainanese chicken here was pretty good, but the winner goes to those rice balls. I couldn't stop eating them with chili. :)

Jonker Street
It's a tourist street in Malacca selling souvenirs and local food products.










Hard Rock cafe in Malacca. At first I thought it was fake!

Jonker 88
Time for a teabreak.




An old Peranakan style cafe




Ice chendol, looks good huh? :)


Sago with coconut milk and gula melaka.


Assam Laksa was HOT.


Malacca river

Christchurch
The landmark of Malacca.




Milk time!




Trishaw ride, anyone??


Porta de Santiago

We went back to Jonker street in the evening and the night market had already been setup.


Night market



Teo Soon Long Chan
We had our dinner at this famous Teochew eating place. The food was ok but the service was bad. The older staffs had attitude problem.



I didn't take many photos here, only the one that I recommended.


Ngoh hiang was the best I ever tried.

3 comments:

Biqque said...

ah u r back! :D more stories pls :)

Irene said...

I'll try. :D

Ola said...

very nice place to visit! I love the street pictures of the town plus the cafe - a paradise with the wonderful desserts!