View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Monday, September 12, 2005

Day 1: Singapore - Doha (Qatar)


24 Days Central Europe map

Singapore

It was the day I embarked the journey of 24 days to Europe. I didn't feel excited, thinking of having to endure the discomfort of sitting in the economy class for 14 hours.

I took Qatar Airways, and for those who are not familiar, it is a 5-star airline and they are in the same league as SQ with fraction of the price. It has great flight entertainment system with individual screen. The movies selection had international flavours and quite new too. I could watch it anytime I want, not like some other airlines that have to follow certain timings. After browsing for quite some time, I decided to watch Italian Job and The Longest Yard. Italian Job was shot in Venice, uh nice... I was excited thinking of Venice. :)

The airline served Western food, I think it was alright.

Doha (Qatar)


Doha airport



Finally we arrived in Doha where I could stretch my legs. Transit time was 3 hours. The airport itself was not big but quite new. The food here was expensive, eg: USD 4 for a cup of hot chocolate.

The duty free shop caught my attention, it was selling milk powder, Tang (orange flavoured drink), and even laundry powder hehe.. And surprisingly, a lot of people bought milk powder and Tang in bulk!!


The best seller at the airport


No comments: