View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Picnic at Eiffel Tower

This was what I prepared for our lunch


Ciabatta with bacon, egg and lettuce


Chicken rice with chinese mushroom. I couldn't find any black soya sauce here, that was why it looked pale but still yummy :P

The rail workers were on strike!!
When I reached the metro station, it was very quiet as there were only a few trains running. The train I took stopped for 5 minutes in every station before it started to run again. Luckily I only needed five stops to reach my destination. The good thing about the strike was the free ride for that day.

Finally it reached Trocadero after more than half an hour which usually takes only about 15 minutes.


Inside a train.


A typical metro platform.

Eiffel Tower from Palais de Chaillot
When I first saw the Eiffel Tower I felt very happy. Second time lucky. Just couldn't believe that I would be here again in such a short period of time.


View from Palais de Chaillot



Rugby World Cup 2007
France is currently hosting the Rugby World Cup. There is a rugby ball flying at the center of the Eiffel Tower.






Press area



Pont D'Iena


View from the bridge, there are many tourist cruises along the Seine river.




Autumn leaves.






The queue of Eiffel ticket counter.


Continued until here.


A carousel nearby.

La Defense
After he went back to office, I headed to La Defense. There is a big shopping mall that hubby said worth to go. :)


Les Quattre Temps


Hilton Hotel, just opposite the mall.


Office buildings


Grande Arche - modern day Arc de Triomphe


It is a straight line from the Grande Arche to Arc de Triomphe.



The selection of shops are mostly mid price range, which make them quite affordable. Big names like Zara, Mango, H&M, Naf Naf, Esprit, etc. are all here. And there is a big hypermarket Auchan which is similar to Carrefour. I spent the rest of afternoon until around 6.30 pm which was a big mistake. When I went back to the metro station, there were so many people waiting for the metro gate to be opened. When it did open, the people just rushed and squeezed towards the gate. And then inside the train, we were packed like sardines. I almost couldn't get myself out from the train when it stopped. Since nobody was moving, I had to push all my way out just like a rugby game :P


The crowds at metro.


I finally came out from this train and took the picture.

No comments: