View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Patisseries: Laduree and Dalloyau


Laduree
(http://www.laduree.fr)
This patisserie is famous for its exquisite macaroons. After reading some reviews I decided to visit their shop. There were so many flavours to choose from, so in the end I just selected a few that looked unusual. It was priced at EUR 1.40 each.




Clockwise from the top:
Pistachio - I like this best
Liquorice - This comes second
Berries - I couldn't figure out which berries it was made from, but it is not good.
Chocolate with blackcurrant filling - Something different but quite ok.

Their website is so nicely done, it really gives a feeling that it is a luxury brand.

Dalloyau (http://www.dalloyau.fr)
This is another famous one. When I first heard about it, I thought it was a Chinese name :) Anyway, this shop was also stocked with macaroons and cakes. Since I had bought the macaroons, I focused on their cakes. After some considerations, I picked the caramel cake. It cost EUR 6.1. Ouch!!




Tourbillon caramel - biscuit Trocadero caramel, crunchy almond praline, caramel cream, creamy vanilla and soft caramel (quoted from the website)

It was just average, a tad too sweet to my liking. Maybe I should get the chocolate one...


No comments: