View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 5: Taipei

Pearl Liang, Hyatt
The interior of Pearl Liang was exquisite, the dim sum was so good as I could taste the freshness of the ingredients. Overall, all Hyatt restaurants were highly recommended.




Pickles and condiments


Char Shao puff


Siao Mai


Xiao Long Bao


Beehive pan fried dumpling


After breaking it


Carrot cake



Zhong Xiao Dong Lu
I continued shopping from where I left off yesterday. After walking for an hour without anything to buy I decided to go back to Wu Fen Pu for the cheap thrill. :) And yes, I bought a few more items there. I love shopping by myself, nobody nagging at me and I don't need to wait for others. I usually could cover a lot of places in a very short time.



Shi Lin Night Market
It was so crowded on Friday night. What made us come back again was the Ah Chung mian xian.


The crowd at Shi Lin




Ah Chung mian xian




Fried chicken with honey


The queue


It was a disappointment, not as good as the XXL fried chicken.

Suddenly, we saw several stalls owner quickly moved their stalls to the dark alley. The customers were also following them to the alley to finish off the transactions. We waited and waited but saw no police. Not sure whether it was someone crying wolf. :P



No comments: